Mathematics Education for Children
Homeschool Private Math Lessons Covering Grades 3 to 8
ACCEPTING STUDENTS YEAR ROUND
"Chance led us to Mr. Gelston, and he has changed our lives immeasurably for the better.... Our daughter comes out of her math sessions full of excitement and enthusiasm..."
In my daughter’s words, “He helps you when you don’t understand something, and he goes at the speed that you learn at. And he’s very organized.”
On a practical note, as homeschoolers, we greatly appreciate his detailed record-keeping, correlated to core standards. We are so grateful that Mr. Gelston is part of our daughter’s life."
Private Math lessons with Mr. Gelston are for students who need individualized attention for their unique learning needs.
- Students who are conceptually and verbally strong are all good candidates for this class.
- Mr. Gelston follows Common Core State Standards for Mathematics, using his conceptual instruction model, using all of the objectives to limit gaps. The 3rd-8th grade subject matter are all preparation for Algebra, Algebraic thinking, and Geometric analysis.
- Students have an interactive on-line learning experience that is highly personalized.
- Study Island is used for procedural practice.
- Class sessions and Study Island results are available for home school portfolios.
- Geometer's Sketchpad is integrated for geometry and measurement lessons per student need.